Current Employment Opportunities
If you have questions regarding employment at the Park please, contact our Personnel Dept. at (207) 723-9616
Positions at Baxter State Park
Park Naturalist Position
We are looking for a qualified resource professional to fill an interim position as Park Naturalist.
The Baxter State Park Naturalist provides administrative and technical work developing, planning, and managing Baxter State Park’s Information/Education Division, including interpretive programming, public information and relations efforts, and facilitating resource monitoring. The Naturalist oversees an automated orientation program at Park Headquarters, supervises and directs the information services at Togue Pond Visitor Center; and coordinates interpretive materials designed for use throughout the Park.
The Park Naturalist works as a member of the Park’s administrative team and supervises an Interpretive Specialist and an Appalachian Trail Steward. The Naturalist also provides oversight and management of Park archival materials and works with the Park Director to administer research and media projects within Baxter State Park.
Skills, abilities and experiences relevant to this position include:
- Backcountry hiking and camping,
- Verbal and written communication skills,
- Proficiency with computers and tablets using standard text and graphic applications,
- Proficiency with GIS applications, statistics, databases.
- Other assets include experience in supervision, recreation management, and resource monitoring and protection.